How can you access you personal information and/or seek the correction of your personal information?
You have a right to access the personal information we hold about you and to request the correction of any personal information we hold about you.
LWP will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects and discloses is accurate, up to date, complete and relevant.
Requests for access to personal information
You can make a request for access to your personal information informally, in writing. LWP aims to, whenever possible, facilitate informal requests for personal and/or sensitive information.
Applications and enquiries should:
- be made in writing;
- give enough information so that the documents requested can be identified;
- give an Australian address to which notices can be sent; and
- be lodged at LWP.
LWP is not required to give you access to personal information to the extent that:
- LWP reasonably believes that giving access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of an individual, or to public health or public safety; or
- giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals; or
- the request is frivolous or vexatious; or
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between the entity and the individual, and would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings; or
- giving access would reveal the intentions of LWP in relation to negotiations with you in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations; or
- giving access would be unlawful; or
- denying access is required or authorised by or under legislation or a court/tribunal order; or
- giving access would be likely to prejudice one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body; or
- giving access would reveal evaluative information generated within LWP in connection with a commercially sensitive decision making process.
Should you experience difficulty in determining the correct route through which to request access to your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer and they will provide you with assistance.
LWP will take reasonable steps to respond to a request for access within a reasonable period of time after the request is made (within 45 days) and to give access to the information in the manner requested by the individual, if it is reasonable and practicable to do so.
LWP reserves the right to charge you a minimal fee for providing you with your personal information as set out at  below.
In the event that LWP refuses to give you access to the personal information requested by you, we will give you a written notice which sets out the reasons for the refusal (except to the extent that it would be unreasonable to do so) and the mechanisms available to you to complain about the refusal.
Request for correction of personal information
You can make a request for the correction and/or amendment of your personal information informally, in writing, or pursuant to the terms of the Freedom of Information Act.
Applications to have personal information held by LWP corrected or amended should:
- be made in writing to the Privacy Officer;
- provide enough information to determine what changes are required; and
- provide you current contact details.
In the event LWP refuses to correct your personal information, LWP will give you a written notice which sets out the reasons for the refusal (except to the extent it would be unreasonable to do so) and the mechanisms available to you to complain about the refusal.
LWP will take reasonable steps to respond to a request for access within a reasonable period of time after the request is made (within 45 days) and will not charge you for the making of the request or for the correction of the personal information.
The charges are as follows:
Type of fee:
Personal information about the applicant: no feeApplication fee (for non-personal information): $30
Type of charge:
- Charge for time dealing with the application (per hour, or pro rata): $30
- Access time supervised by staff (per hour, or pro rata): $30
- Photocopying staff time (per hour, or pro rata): $30
- Per photocopy: 20 cents
- Transcribing from tape, film or computer (per hour, or pro rata): $30
- Duplicating a tape, film or computer information: Actual cost
- Deliver, packaging and postage: Actual cost
- Advance deposit may be required for the estimated charges: 25%
- Further advance deposit may be required to meet the charges for dealing with the application: 75%
- For financially disadvantaged applicants or those issues with prescribed pensioner concession cards, the charge payable is reduced by 25%.
Applications and enquiries should be addressed to:
The Privacy Offier, LWP Group Pty Ltd, P O Box 7658, Cloisters Square, Perth, WA 6850
Telephone: 08 9297 9900 E-mail: email@example.com